The Production Technician I is responsible for filling the roles of 1 or 2 of the Floor Director, Graphics Operator, and Robotics Operator positions as needed to support the live show.
Fun Team and Great Benefits!
- Health Care Benefits (including dental and vision)
- Retirement savings benefits such as a pension and 401(k)
- Paid Vacation
- And more!
Our flagship network, ShopHQ is a multiplatform interactive television network offering a balanced assortment of proprietary, exclusive and name brands to consumers in an engaging and informative shopping environment via television, online and mobile. ShopHQ reaches more than 84 million television homes with unique storytelling & entertaining content.
- Ensure that set pieces, cameras, and other production elements in studios are properly in place for air.
- Clean up/strike studios and equipment after show is done airing.
- Manage robotic and manual camera systems, including jib and handheld cameras. Properly and safely set up and move cameras between studios. Safely and efficiently lay out/coil camera cables for shows.
- Operate jib, handheld and studio configured cameras. Quickly and accurately frame necessary shots during live shows using basic shot composition skills and white-balance and color correction procedures.
- Operate light board, including any show-specific special needs (i.e. dim studio lights, place floor lights).
- Check studio lights for non-working fixtures and address appropriately (change lamps, notify lighting).
- Distribute and collect microphone and IFB packs to on air talent, assisting talent with proper pack and element placement. Communicate to audio tech which microphones are being used (and for what purpose) during each show.
- Assist on air talent during shows. This includes escorting talent to and from studios and giving verbal and non-verbal cues during shows. Maintain informative dialogue between control room personnel and guests/models, including answering all questions pertaining to show execution, set design, and guest requests before, during, and after show.
Robotic Camera Operator:
- Use robotic camera software efficiently to create a user profile, save shots, run saved camera moves, and perform basic troubleshooting.
- Quickly and accurately frame shots for all shows, with minimal or no assistance given by the director.
- Camera setup: Quickly and accurately white balance and shade cameras for shows.
- Read the waveform monitor and vectorscope during live shows to ensure proper video levels.
- Audio console operation: Bring up and cut correct source pots on command with accurate timing in regards to the show. Read audio meters to ensure proper audio levels.
- VTR operation: Playback, record, and cue videotape at appropriate start and end points.
- Must be proficient in VIZRT graphics hardware and software.
- Build, check, and edit each show’s graphic elements and specific information related to on air Graphics.
- Update graphics and communicate changes to the team, identifying possible inconsistencies
- Execute all shows accurately as instructed by the Production Management team.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the ShopHQ Graphics System.
- Responsible for working in the Control Room on a daily basis.
- Assist the Floor or Robo station during pre-show meetings, events, or remotes as necessary.
- Maintain and help update the graphics computer systems, hardware, and software
- Assist with the development & ongoing implementation of all SOPs, workflow, emergency procedures, and daily operating procedures.
- Understand the ShopHQ graphics system and build and successfully troubleshoot all graphics-related issues.
- Organize, edit, and develop day-to-day and event-related graphic content.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Television production or related work experience.
- Strong troubleshooting capability, able to identify and work out problems quickly in a fast-paced television environment.
- Excellent communication, stress management, and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated leadership, organization, and problem-solving ability
- Strong attention to detail,
- Able to identify potential errors, determine a fix, and correct before they hit the air is essential.
- Able to partner with and meet the demands of multiple cross functional teams.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Production Tech II > Senior Production Tech > Production Manager > Production Director
iMedia Brands is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of sex/gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, or other protected characteristics as defined by state, federal, or local law.
The individual in this role must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without a reasonable accommodation. In the event that an applicant or employee wishes to seek a reasonable accommodation, please contact iMedia’s Human Resources department for further direction.
This job description is intended to convey the general nature and scope of the position and not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed, and iMedia management reserves the right to amend the duties and responsibilities of this role at any time to meet business needs.