Job Title: Youth Media Arts Assistant Instructor (Minneapolis / St. Paul)
Job Description: Independent Contractor
Reports To: DIAL Directors and Youth Empowerment Studios Instructors
The DIAL Group Description
The DIAL (Data-driven Initiatives through Artists Leadership) is a strategic community improvement organization with successes in the planning, management and execution of public and community initiatives, using arts-based creative strategies. The DIAL's mission is to study research and meaningfully leverage the talent of artists to improve communities, ultimately guiding under-served people to improved lives and well-being.
Work with the DIAL and our partners to help plan, coordinate, implement and evaluate the Youth Empowerment
Studios: Digital Media Arts & Youth Leadership Program – a media arts-focused, leadership, academic, and
personal development program, with a service-learning component, for youths of color in Minneapolis and St. Paul.
Assist basic media arts training, such as video production and/or audio recording, to youths in an after-school setting. Tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
•Assist lead instructor(s) with lessons, equipment, and record keeping (attendance, documentation, etc.)
• Assist students with media arts skills and technology
• Assist with media project production
• Assist in managing and distributing youth media products through social media outlets
Ideal candidates will be an emerging media artist or creative professional knowledgeable in digital media arts techniques and production, and a connection to communities of color due to the focus of the program.
Additionally, candidates will have an interest in providing guidance and mentorship to youths of color from challenging socio-economic backgrounds, in order to help them develop into healthy, successful adults.
*Must be available from 2:30PM-5:30PM during the 2019-20 school year.
• A.S./B.S./B.A. in Media Arts, Media Production, Education, or other related area; or working towards one of these degrees and is near completion
• Highly organized, critical thinker, and teaching/training skills
• Experience in program/project management
• Ability to maintain multiple priorities and projects with different timelines
• Knowledge with media programs/application and equipment
• Access to reliable transportation, mobile phone, and timely email response
• Experience working with under-served, low-income communities of color
Compensation: $20-$30/HR (based on qualifications).
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to David Kang, Executive Director, The DIAL Group:
(Write “YES Assistant” in the subject line)