Association Event Set-Up/ Audio Visual Technician
Full-time/Hourly - $12 to $14 per hour depending on experience
Sun City Anthem has an immediate opening for one (1) full time Event Set-Up/ Audio Visual Tech.
This is a full-time staff position reporting directly to his or hers shift supervisor and/or in his or her absence to the Facilities Director/Assistant Director. This position serves as an event set-up and audiovisual technician for the community association (“Association”) at Sun City Anthem. Responsibilities include providing residents and guests with prompt, courteous and efficient service with all audio-visual needs. Ensure that all support and service is conducted by trade code and fulfilled in a manner consistent with the standards, goals, and objectives of the Association
SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must be able to work effectively and cheerfully in any environment and maintain a professional level of customer service.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Able to work and complete assignments.
- Able to see well enough to read faint writing or printing, with corrective lenses if needed.
- Must be able to interact with all types of personalities.
- Must be mentally alert always and demonstrate good reasoning skills.
- Must be able to manage one’s own time.
- Choose the most appropriate actions for each situation.
- Actively look for ways to help people.
- Review information to develop and evaluate options and implements solutions.
- Must be meticulous, dependable, self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, flexible and able to prioritize. Able to function effectively under stress, time constraints, and with potential interruptions.
- Must be able to work in small and confined spaces for extended periods of time.
- Capable of working extended hours, to include weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Technical understanding to run Audio/Visual equipment systems, and train others to run Audio/Visual equipment systems.
- Must be able to drive appropriate vehicles and possess the necessary driver’s license required by the state with an acceptable driving record.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential responsibilities may include; but are not limited to the following:
- Set-up meeting rooms, auditorium, courtyards, outside patios/terraces, bocce court/tennis, fitness center and other areas for various functions, events and meeting in a proper and timely manner. This includes moving tables, chairs, piano, and equipment to and from storage areas and other meeting rooms. Post signs and banners indoors and outdoors. Assist with props and decorations.
- Connect and test sound boards, speakers and computers and any other equipment needed for event.
- Operate audiovisual equipment for functions, meetings, and events.
- Maintain equipment inventory of all audiovisual equipment, tables, and chairs.
- Adhere to preventive maintenance schedule on audiovisual equipment. Schedule repairs on equipment as required.
- Tear down set-ups i.e., chairs, tables, equipment and store in designated areas. Clean, store and dispose of items from meetings as required.
- Attend weekly room layout meetings and review activities calendar with events. Read set-up orders carefully for details and follow each instruction noted on the form.
- Maintain constant contact with activities to assure adequate room set-ups for various functions, additions, or cancellations from a calendar.
- Interact with residents and members of the public as required.
- Comply with the Community Association safety program and meet OSHA requirements and standards.
- Perform other duties and project as directed by the Facilities Director or Assistant Facilities Director.
- Position involves sitting, standing, stooping, kneeling, pushing, shoving, lifting, carrying and moving objects that can weigh up to 80 lbs. This movement can occur throughout the day. Must be able to transport oneself not only around the common areas but also around the Association and facilities. Must be able to drive a car and possess a valid Nevada driver’s license.
- This position will alternate between working indoors in a controlled climate and with proper lighting, to an outdoors setting with variable climate and lighting.
- May be required to work with toxic and/or dangerous chemicals. (Training and Personal Protective Equipment will be required to safely execute this requirement)
- Must be able to remain focused and work effectively, efficiently, and cheerfully under such circumstances.
- For safety reasons, an employee must remain alert to working conditions and aware of safety, health, and environmental concerns.
- Audio-visual equipment, laptops, projectors, sound speakers, video screens, connecting wires and cables, sound and mixing boards and others as may be required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Previous work-related experience.
- Incumbent is required to comply with established safe work practices and attend all safety-related training provided or made available by the Association.
Text “86269” to “844-311-6432” and you will receive a link to apply for a position at this location.
Go to the link below: