Position: Technical Director
Reports to: Worship Pastor
Weekly Hours: Full Time
Hired by: Worship Pastor and Prior Lake Campus Pastor
Position description updated: August 2019
Pay Status: Hourly
The Worship Service Technical Director facilitates the worship of Jesus Christ by overseeing all
sound and lighting and video projection for the worship services of Friendship Church.
• The Technical Director will be responsible for running sound, lights, or video for each
official church function and/or scheduling volunteers to ensure all positions are covered
in an appropriate manner.
The Technical Director is responsible to set up and prepare the stages at each for
Sunday morning services.
• The Technical Director is responsible to recruit, train and develop volunteers for the
Worship Service Production Team (sound and lighting).
• The Technical Director will provide leadership and care for the members of the sound
and lighting team.
• The Technical Director is responsible to staff volunteers for all needed sound and
lighting positions for Sunday Worship Services.
• The Technical Director will oversee the creation of all click tracks for worship
•The Technical Director will oversee the creation of all lighting arrangements for worship
• The Technical Director works in cooperation with the Worship Pastor to manage the
budgets related to technical production.
• The Technical Director is responsible for the purchase and maintenance of all
equipment related to the sound and lighting in the Worship Centers, Chapel (PL) and
Splash Room (SH).
• The Technical Director will oversee all production elements at church-wide special
events, weddings and funerals.
• The Technical Director will approve all request for A.V. in the Worship Centers, Chapel
(PL) and Splash Room (SH)
• The Technical Director will provide basic training on sound and lighting equipment to
the staff of Friendship Church for recurring ministry events. This training is for the
protection of the A.V. equipment and the edification of those ministries.
• The Technical Director is responsible for all video equipment and its operation. The
includes, projectors, projection and Pro Presenter.
• The Technical Director is not responsible to staff A.V. for ongoing ministries outside of
the Worship Services.
• Knowledge of the Midas M32 and PreSonus series of digital audio consoles.
• Comprehensive knowledge of various analog audio consoles.
• Adept with Logic Pro X, Audacity, and Ableton Live software
• Good working knowledge of various microphones for live sound applications
• Good working knowledge and experience with understanding signal flow, dynamic and
• Multitrack recording, editing, and mixing
• Experience with lighting systems, traditional incandescent and LED fixtures, DMX512theory and application. Knowledge of the Onyx and Martin software is a plus!
• Background in music performance and music theory is desired.
• Knowledge and experience working with Apple computers and iPads
• Knowledge and experience working with PC-based computers and tablets
• Knowledge and experience working with all aspects of projection: switchers, projectors,
cameras, video recording and editing, live-streaming,
• Able to lift 50lbs
• Comfortable with working with heights, ladders, and Genie lift
• Leadership and team-building skills
Note: You aren’t required to know all of the skills already, but you must have the ability to learn them quickly!