WHO ARE YOU?
Do you enjoy dance music? Do you excel at stage production coordination? Then you’re in luck! We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who embodies both a passion for dance culture and a love of the production space. Is this you? Read on…
WHO ARE WE?
Insomniac produces some of the most innovative, immersive music festivals and events in the world. Enhanced by state-of-the-art lighting, pyrotechnics and sound design, large-scale art installations, theatrical performers and next generation special effects, our events captivate the senses and inspire a unique level of fan interaction. The quality of the Headliner experience is our top priority.
Throughout our 25-year history, Insomniac has produced almost 400 festivals, concerts and club nights for over 4 million attendees in California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, New York, Texas, Puerto Rico, and the United Kingdom, with expansions into Brazil, China, Japan and India. Insomniac’s premier annual event, Electric Daisy Carnival Las Vegas, is the largest multi-day music festival in North America, and attracted more than 400,000 fans over three days in May 2019. The company was founded by Pasquale Rotella, and has been based in Los Angeles since it was formed in 1993.
Insomniac Events is seeking a highly motivated and proactive Stage Production Coordinator to join the Stage Production team in Los Angeles. We are seeking a Stage Production Coordinator to support the functions of Insomniac’s stage production department. This position reports to the Stage Producer.
- Coordinate execution of stage drawings, specifications and other documents concerning assigned projects
- Build and evolve production standard operation for each festival
- Coordinate crash barricade, cable ramp risers and other stage related asset advancements
- Ensure stage production Dropbox is maintained and updated timely
- Provide detailed and accurate notes at stage production related meetings
- Coordinate construction and execution of SWAP, or high wind action plans, and other required documents and procedures
- Coordinate stage drawings, engineering, pixel maps, lighting plots and patch, and audio plots SFX plots from vendors
- Liaison with talent department and artist relations to ensure all needs and compliance are met
- Coordinate with stage production management in collation and printing of stage production packs for stage managers and DJ techs
- Maintain stage production management calendar, and partner with others to schedule and confirm site visits, meetings, GTM’s and issuing reminders
- Maintain updated structure engineering information and draft high wind action plan
- Provide stage production management support with expenses, travel and entertainment booking
- Maintain vendor database with regular updates while maintaining exceptional vendor relations
- Coordinate production vendor quotes and invoices to accurately forecast and finalize budgets
- Advance all artist and vendor trailer site requirements and production needs
- Coordinate obtaining vendor production requirements such as, but not limited to lad in schedules, power, heavy machinery, crew calls, hotel, utility vehicles, credentials
- Coordinator with stage management to advance technical riders for artists, agents and collating into stage specific folders
- Coordinate with stage production management in collation of artist backline, DJ gear, power and crew needs
- Coordinate distribution of artist production packs to their respective teams
- Remain first point of contact for any questions and relate back to stage production
- Coordinate site walk throughs with stage production management and attend department meetings with the respective Fire Marshal, county, venue officials while taking notes and producing digital minutes and reminders
- Coordinate application process for stage tent permits with event counties
- Execute day to day tasks and special projects as needed
- Frequent travel will be required (economy)
- 2+ years’ experience with festival production and operations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and able to coordinate multiple work streams under deadline pressure
- Ability to take initiative, problem solve and perform research
- Knowledge of the principles of target marketing
- Experience facilitating meetings via online platforms such as, but not limited to Zoom or Go-ToMeeting
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, particularly MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Extensive knowledge in database management systems
- General knowledge of live entertainment and Insomniac brands/shows
- Knowledge of concert promotion and live event business is a plus
- Heavy travel will be required
- Must be able to tolerate loud noise levels & busy environments
- May work in drastic temperature climates
- Must be willing to frequently work and travel to events during evening and weekend hours, as required, to meet deadlines and work events
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by Insomniac for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Insomniac strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Insomniac recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Insomniac may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.