The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for ensuring that Summit Academy OIC’s digital presence supports the organization’s mission, values, and strategic plan. This position will collaborate with management, inter- and intra-departmental staff, external partners, vendors, consultants, and other constituents to help develop and execute a digital strategy to drive awareness and identity of the growing Summit Academy brand on all digital and online media.
- Assist in conceptualizing, building, and managing Summit’s digital strategy using the most current technologies; assist in brainstorming of new and emerging ways to reach out to key constituent audiences.
- Implement and oversee digital platforms and software including website, social media, targeted email marketing, interactive webinar, mobile technology, etc. Research, evaluate, and make recommendations on digital opportunities to improve processes and constituent communication experiences in regards to technology.
- Assist in conceptualizing and administering website design, development and content generation efforts to deliver a compelling, relevant and constantly refreshed user experience according to goals/initiatives.
- Assist in developing and executing online strategies and tactics including SEO, PPC, online ads, display marketing and landing page optimization, as well as other digital tactics like content generation, video, and social media and email marketing in order to drive brand identity and program awareness, leads and inquiries, traffic and recruitment, donor interest and investment, ROI, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong understanding of all existing and emerging web and social media platforms and tactics; Google Analytics; familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, including Muse and Fireworks.
- Understanding of different stakeholder and constituent audiences with differing content platforms, adjusting editorial content as needed; knowledge and best practices for publishing online content.
- Ability to solve problems, generate solutions and make recommendations in a thoughtful, creative and timely manner after analyzing and evaluating challenges and opportunities.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree plus 2-3 years minimum direct experience in interactive media design, digital media, online content management, marketing and/or related; in a corporate, educational, community-based organization, freelance, and/or marketing agency environment.