Tracking Code14718Job Description
Marquee Sports Network is the future exclusive television home of the Chicago Cubs in partnership with Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI). It will be the Chicago-region’s exclusive network for fans to view live Cubs games beginning with the 2020 Major League Baseball season and will also feature extensive pre and postgame coverage, exclusive Cubs content and other local sports programming. Marquee Sports Network brings together one of the most iconic sports franchises in the country with one of the largest television broadcasting companies to deliver unprecedented Cubs coverage for fans.
Marquee Sports Network seeks a team player responsible for writing, producing and editing all topical on-air promotions the Chicagoland area and Marquee Sports Network broadcasting footprint. Duties include maintaining a current knowledge of area collegiate and professional sports; supervising and directing voiceover sessions; remaining informed of video production trends; and directing promotional shoots, as necessary.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Video Editor possesses a sound ability for non-linear video editing in a fast-paced Sports Broadcast atmosphere
- Proficient operating skills and ability to perform well under pressure, high demand, strict timelines and/or live conditions with little supervision
- Operates a wide range of assignments within the discipline that is indicated by the job title
- Conducts quality control measuring and corrective action steps to ensure and/or enhance product
- Demonstrates solid knowledge of workflow, equipment and facility layout in assigned areas for troubleshooting
- Solid understanding of workflow of other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with Production Operations
- Organization, efficiency, and planning skills are required
- Participation in training programs, (physical classroom, virtual, etc.) for personal career development, new equipment and/or workflow changes within the operation
- Keep abreast of technology and workflows to create accurate and efficient results in specific assignments or plans
- Shares information and offer solutions to standard workflow and system problems
- Initiates productive interactions with coworkers and clients. Together, complete the expected assignments based upon timelines and pre-determined guidelines.
- Provides quality service to all customers, as defined and assigned by management
- Understand complex information and disseminate it to proper personnel. Effectively communicate problem solving efforts, results and solutions
- As necessary, participate in team-based projects and contribute recommendations towards departmental objectives
- A minimum of four years of editing or related experience, college internship or related work in a large market or network level television
- Ability to edit on a Non-linear system
- Ability to work in a fast-paced newsroom that requires quick turnaround edits
- Candidates must have good computer background (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc...) and solid communication skills
- Demonstrates sound communication with timely follow up and problem solving
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Flexibility to alter shifts/days off to accommodate projects and departmental objectives
Marquee Sports Network is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace!