About the role:
OLIVER is hiring a Multimedia Designer to join its on-site team in St. Paul Minneapolis. As a Multimedia Designer you will play a pivotal part in supporting the video studio. In this role you will work as part of a team creating still & moving content, including storyboarding, photography, videography, animation, editing and delivery. In addition, this position supports a wide range of internal and external communications needs (executive presentations, employee digital communications, etc.) brand support and ongoing design evolution of the visual system. With a thorough understanding of how different digital channels present different challenges and opportunities, this role will work closely with designers, video producers and writers copywriters to create great content for internal and external use. Working within the team, the Multimedia Designer must be highly collaborative and still be able to work independently.
What you will be doing:
- Design effective digital presentations (PowerPoint, Keynote, Prezi) using a mix of text, graphics, photo/multimedia in support of communication objectives and executive presentations.
- Design online templates, banners, rotator images, landing pages, digital signage and other digital assets
- Strong photography experience in events coverage, individual/team portraits, campaign specific and conceptual production
- Support experience in videography – shooting, editing, B-Roll production
- Strong ability to manage project budgets, timelines and resources
- Able to recognize marketing objectives and how the use of digital media can support marketing requirements
- Ability to conceptualize, develop and manage creative products, working with content creators, art directors and writers
- A keen sense of personal responsibility for the quality control, presentation and accuracy of all work.
- Responsible for quality of output and liaison with clients where necessary
- Work collaboratively within the brand team to develop and execute ideas across a variety channels and formats including digital and social media.
- Support the build and update brand guidelines to exacting standards.
- Work as a brand guardian and advisor to internal and external teams.
- Take ownership of the visual elements and collaborate with the in-house designers/producers to ensure all work reflects current brand guidelines.
- Solutions-oriented with a problem-solving mindset
- Flexible and willing to go beyond the job description to help the team/department deliver effective work
- Willingness to share time/talent with other business units, departments, and colleagues when needed
What you need to be great in this role:
- Immersed in digital culture and is familiar with animation software (After Effects, Premiere) with a thorough understanding of photography/videography, editing and distribution of digital assets
- 2- 3 years experience working with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign),
- 3- 4 years experience designing presentations (PowerPoint, Keynote and Prezi)
- Familiar with operation of Sony and Canon cameras, and other supporting equipment (lighting, etc.)
- The aptitude to learn new software and programs efficiently and effectively
- A proven track record in a digital media design background with a rich portfolio of relevant work examples – digital design, photography and video
- Strong knowledge of typography, image manipulation, illustration and animation
- Ability to generate original ideas, storytelling using visual concepts
- Confidence to explain and support your thinking, both internally and externally
- Flexible approach and willingness to adapt ideas to the needs of clients
- A keen eye for visual details and accuracy
- Resilience to perform under pressure and deliver high-quality work to tight deadlines.
- Willingness to take and provide direction from in-house creative agency
- A creative with a flair for creative amazing campaigns
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent illustration skills
- Full working knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop and animation packages
- Managing art pipelines working to tight deadlines
- A thorough understanding of photography, typography and printing
- Ability to adapt your art style
- Brilliant communication skills and the ability to work well within a team
OLIVER believes that agencies work better inside a brand's organization – delivering more effective work at the speed and flexibility required to drive modern businesses forward. Using our unique methodology, and supported by bespoke technology, we design, build, and operate specialist, dedicated agencies onsite with our clients. We believe that proximity enables better collaboration, leading to better marketing solutions.
Established in 2004, our model is now driven by nearly 3,000 people worldwide, working across more than 200 in-house agencies in over 25 countries. We are the undisputed leader in our space, which means we carry the responsibility and humility that comes with breaking new ground, continually evolving one of the most transformative agency models in history. People who join OLIVER come to us from all stages of their careers, from entry-level to agency veteran. They find a culture of entrepreneurism, direct and meaningful client impact, deep collaboration across offices and teams, and frankly, a bit of the unknown. If you're most comfortable in safe, predictable environments, OLIVER may not be for you. That said, we will also give you the support, tools, feedback, and recognition to be your best – we want you to achieve what you strive for. The opportunities for growth are as wide as you can make them.
Our Values and how to live them
- Ambition. You look for opportunities to deliver greater value to those around you
- Imagination. You identify a range of solutions to problems
- Inspiration. You lead by example and encourage others to do the same
- Learning. You have excellent listening skills that helps you to learn from our clients and those around you.
- Results. You accept responsibility for your actions